Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Gift 3 - Starry Scarfie
Price: N/A (gift)
Type: Scarf
Time: 8+ hours
Length: 6ft long
Width: roughly 4in from point to opposite point
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Extra Notes: A skinny-ish scarf that I made for a friend online. She loved the scarf that I made for her friend and since she's been really supportive and helping me cope with my depression at nights, I figured I could put a lil effort and make her a lil something to match her friend's scarf but still be original. Honestly, I would change a few things to make it look better, by perhaps adding a trim around the edge to hold all the stars in place more securely. (It's still knotted and together pretty securely, but I'd feel more comfortable with a lil more on it.) And if I were ever to do commissions for these, I'd probably charge for my time for it cause I have to make each star one by one. And each star takes about 15-20 minutes to make cause I'm a picky fart and have to count just to get it perfect. That and this scarf actually eats up alot of yarn. I'm estimating roughly 10oz of yarn altogether. Perhaps I used up more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment